Show notes (description):
Today’s episode covers:
- How does Asian culture pass down the value of respecting the elderly? How can you pass that value on even if you’re not Asian?
- Listen to Cecille Valoria’s story to how she learned to respect the elderly.
- Hear about the organization that Cecille started called Flowers for Elders.
Challenge for YOU:
- Who is the older person in your life who could use some encouraging?
- Tell them that you would like submit an audio clip of them answering a question to be featured on The Value of Wrinkles podcast.
- Record them answering this question: What was your favorite season growing up? If they don’t want to be featured, then just ask them the question to spark some great conversation!
- Email me at thevalueofwrinkles at gmail dot com and please first introduce yourself! Be sure to attach the audio clip.
- You will receive an email to inform you that your submission will be used!
Info about today’s guest, Cecille Valoria:
- Support an Asian American author and read a great book. Buy Slaying Your Fear Giants: Moving from a Jungle of Terror to a Garden of Peace
- Connect with Cecille at https://cecillevaloria.com/
Need guidance on how to love your grandparent or aging parent?
Grab a copy of my book, The Value of Wrinkles: A Young Perspective on How Loving the Old Will Change Your Life.
** Note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means I may receive a small compensation if you make a purchase.