Show notes (description):
Just say FOOD and the people will come. I think we all know that there are actually SIX love languages out there and the 6th one…it cannot be forgotten. If perhaps your parent or grandparent isn’t fazed by the gifts or the compliments you’ve been giving.. well, then I’m glad you’re here because today you may have found your secret weapon. FOOD my friends is the way to warm your grandparent or parent up.. it will be the way to reach their heart and get the message through that you CARE. OKAY.. episode 18 is one to remember.
Highlights from this episode:
- Today I’m featuring some of the members from WinterGrowth Adult Day Program! Check out Episode 12 – The Five Love Languages + Receiving Gifts when they were also featured!
- How we can use food as a great topic for conversation
- How we can bless with food
- WinterGrowth Adult Day Program (located in Columbia and Olney, MD). Adult Daycare is a service that engages and provides rich social connections for those who may need assistance or supervision during the day. To find out more about adult day centers, visit https://eldercare.acl.gov/public/resources/factsheets/adult_day_care.aspx.
- The Silver Post (a product I’m now an affiliate for!). Buy a year subscription for $45 and check out what I think they’re awesome.
Need guidance on how to love your grandparent or aging parent?
Grab a copy of my book, The Value of Wrinkles: A Young Perspective on How Loving the Old Will Change Your Life.
** Note that there are affiliate links on this page. This means I may receive a small compensation if you make a purchase.